BACCA and the Town of Babylon
33rd Annual Judged Art Show
Public Viewing: May 14th - June 13, 2023
Old Town Hall, Babylon Village, NY
The Exhibition is Now Open!
Monday-Friday, May 14th - June 13th, 10am-4pm
and Saturday, May 20th, 10am-1pm
View the Virtual Gallery Exhibition of Award Winners
Paloma Csorba, Untitled, 1st Place
Addison Eglin, I Love Moo, 2nd Place
Giavanna Riker, Ace of Spades, 3rd Place
Michael Higgins, Untitled, Honorable Mention
Anthony Papa, Anthropoid Disconnection, 1st Place
Alyssa Buran, Out to Tea, 2nd Place
Isabella Buran, Golden Flower, 3rd Place
Sarah Christ, Untitled, Honorable Mention
Bernice Rausch, Madame Curie, 1st Place
Katrina Kuan, Untitled, 2nd Place
Marcia McNair, Open Window, 3rd Place
Adam Smith, Shallow, Honorable Mention
Chelsea Ashton, Rainbow Fish, Best in Show
Samuel Emler, UNITY, 1st Place
Dan Fusco, Sisters, 2nd Place
Adam Smith, Confluence, 3rd Place
Luis Caraos, Autumn in New York, Honorable Mention
Stephanie Ivolella, Gondola Jam, Venice, Italy, 1st Place
Magaly Ravelo-Chong, West, 2nd Place
Michael Lombardi, The Dryad, 3rd Place
Nancy Walsh, Solstice, Honorable Mention
Drawing - Pencils, Ink
Jill Pozderec, Happy Little Tree, 1st Place
Sergio Russell-Diaz, Mademoiselle Grise, 2nd Place
Khrystyne Robillard-Smith, Study of Singers: Cornell, 3rd Place
Jessica Robinson, The High Priestess, Honorable Mention
Drawing - Pastel, Charcoal
Dawn Votapka, Mushrooms, 1st Place
Suzanne Hoffman, Autumn Afternoon, 2nd Place
Steve Walker, Italy Door Entrance, 3rd Place
Kathy O’Brien, Patchwork Girl, Honorable Mention
Donna Araneo, The Mist, 1st Place
Chuck Lembo, Remembrance, 2nd Place
Toxic/Nature Studios, Into the Woods, 3rd Place
Melissa Maiello, Myrtle Beach Skywheel, Honorable Mention
Patty Eljaiek, Mermaid Moon, 1st Place
Erica Perjatel Stolba, Pain, 2nd Place
Irene Bacchi, Bailarina de Flamenco, 3rd Place
Cydney Wilson, Weird, Honorable Mention
Bernadette Ilse, Aztec, 1st Place
Loretta Oberheim, Il Mio Fiore, 2nd Place
Bernadette Ilse, African Man, 3rd Place
Meagan J. Meehan, Dance of the Treasure Chest, Honorable Mention
Jessica Valentin, El Mantis de Dos Cabezas, 1st Place
Christopher Ahearn, Cow, 2nd Place
Keith Rossein, Paris Skyline, 3rd Place
Christopher Ahearn, Girl Prism, Honorable Mention
Best in Show
Chelsea Ashton, Rainbow Fish, Acrylic
Ron Becker, The Autumn of my Life, Acrylic
*This award sponsored by Gae Lozito in Memory of her Aunt Blanche DeVito
Bonnie Agalbato, Lavender Fields Forever, Watercolor
Casey Villegas Martinez
Erica Perjatel Stolba
Mary Ann DiFranco
Nancy M Walsh
Samary Perez Giler
Toxic/Nature Studios ,Scott Schneider
MEET OUR 2023 ART SHOW JUDGE
Long Island born and raised self-taught painter Diego Garcia has had a natural passion for art since childhood. Diego began his artistic journey by finding inspiration in popular icons like Michael Jackson and Walt Disney. The graffiti culture and honors art classes at Brentwood High School catalyzed Diego's talents at a very young age. He started to take his craft seriously around 17 with commission work and local group exhibitions. Since 2015, the artist has had six successful gallery solo exhibitions alongside many group and highlighted artist showcases from Long Island to Chelsea, NY.
CALL TO ARTISTS
THE APPLICATION PROCESS HAS CHANGED SIGNIFICANTLY!
PLEASE REVIEW ALL INFORMATION BEFORE REGISTERING.
• All artists must register their work in advance of the drop-off date by filling out the online submission form. Please review all guidelines carefully before registering.
• Pre-registered artists may pay their registration fee by cash or check on the drop-off date, or they may pay by credit card or Paypal online in advance at the time of registration.
• Art that is not pre-registered online prior to the drop-off date will not be accepted. Registration will not be available on the drop-off date.
• Registration closes on 4/30/2023.
• Prior to 4/30/2023 BACCA staff is available to assist anyone who is unable to access the online submission form. Please contact us by calling 631.587.3696 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time for application assistance.
Sunday, April 30th 11:59pm
Tuesday, May 2nd
(Closed to the public)
May 10th - 12th
Wednesday, May 3rd 10am-6pm
Awards Ceremony & Reception:
Wednesday, May 17 6pm-8pm
Wednesday, June 14 10am-6pm
$10 FOR (1) ENTRY
$20 FOR (2) ENTRIES
$25 FOR (3) ENTRIES
$25 PER ENTRY
STUDENTS A & B RATE:
$5 PER ENTRY
STUDENT A & B CATEGORY: STUDENTS IN THESE 2 CATEGORIES ARE NOT REQUIRED TO HAVE A MEMBERSHIP.
• Open to all Long Island and Metro artists.
• Entries must be original works that have not been previously exhibited in a BACCA show.
• Three current original works may be submitted; at least one will be accepted.
Drawing: Pencil, Pen, Marker, Colored Pencil
Charcoal & Pastels
Students A: (Grades 5, 6, 7 and 8)
Students B: (Grades 9, 10, 11 and 12)
*If you have a question about submission categories and/or how your work should be categorized for this exhibition, please email us at email@example.com
2-Dimension works must be suitably framed, wired and READY FOR HANGING.
• Works are not to exceed 30"x 30" including frame.
• At least one work per artist will be accepted.
• All winning artworks will be on display virtually if a high resolution photograph is provided in advance.
• Artist agrees that no entries will be removed until Wednesday, June 14th, 2023 when all entries MUST be picked up at the Old Town Hall from l0am-6:00pm, or a late fee of $15 per day. will be charged.
• Artists may indicate works that are for sale - no commission will be charged.
Become a Member Today:
Membership is $25 annually for individual artists. By becoming a member today, you will be elligible for the members' discounted entry fee and enjoy other benefits.
BEST IN SHOW - $75.00 & RIBBON
SUPERVISOR'S AWARD - $50.00 & RIBBON & NAME
ADDED TO THE BACCA ART SHOW PLAQUE
VIEWER'S CHOICE AWARD - $25.00 & RIBBON
1ST PLACE - $75.00 & RIBBON
2ND PLACE - $50.00 & RIBBON
3RD PLACE - $25.00 & RIBBON
HONORABLE MENTION - RIBBON
*PRIZES ARE AWARDED AT THE DISCRETION
OF THE JUDGE
*You do not need a PayPal account to pay through PayPal. Please input your information, click continue, and on the "payment details" page click 'pay now" and select the second "pay with debit or credit card" option.The page will ask for an email address only for the purpose of payment confirmation.