BACCA Judged Art Show
Public Viewing of Winning Entries:
October 22nd & 23rd 2021
Virtual Gallery of all entries
will be available for viewing online.
Notice from BACCA
This year's Annual Judged Art Show is a bit different due to building closures.
Here is how it works:
You may register here, online, or contact us for special accommodations. All artists must submit their entries by email. All accepted works will be displayed in a virtual 3D exhibition. All pieces selected by the Art Show judge will be displayed both virtually and at the BACCA Arts Center. All artists will be invited to a virtual opening reception via Zoom.
Please contact us with any questions! The best way to reach us is by email at email@example.com,
or you may call our office at 631-687-3696.
Thank you for entering our 31st Annual Judged Art Show!
Warm Regards - The BACCA Staff
ART SHOW INFORMATION
Oils • Pastels • Watercolors • Drawing • Mixed Media • Acrylics • Digital • Photography • Sculpture
Students A (Grades 5, 6, 7, 8). •. Students B (Grades 9, 10, 11, 12)
• Open to all Long Island and Metro artists.
• Entries must be original works that have not been previously exhibited in a BACCA show.
• Three current original works may be submitted; at least one will be accepted.
STUDENT ENTRY INFORMATION:
• Entries in the Students A or B are $5 per entry.
• No BACCA membership is required in the Students A or B categories.
• Entries in these categories are not eligible for Best in Show or the Supervisor’s Award.
ARTIST SUBMISSION DETAILS:
All submissions must be sent as an email by October 6th, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. to:
firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Judged Art Show 2021.”
Submission Deadline: Wednesday, October 6th by 11:59 p.m.
Judging: Fri. Oct 8th – 10th
Winner Alert and Drop-off Scheduling: Monday, October 11th – Friday, October 15th
Public Viewing of Winner: Friday & Saturday, October 22nd & 23rd 10am-3pm
Artwork Pick-Up: Sunday, October 24th 10am-3pm
Virtual Opening Reception: Thursday, October 21st 7pm-9pm
By submitting works to the BACCA Virtual Art Show artists agree to allow the accepted artworks to be used for publicity and archival purposes. Artworks may be shared on social media platforms to the artist's credit. Artists will retain the copyright of their work published on the BACCA website and platforms.
Photo images should be high-resolution. All submitted images must be a minimum of 1500 pixels (height and width) and a maximum file size of 2 MB in JPG or PNG format.
For each submission, please include the following information in your email body:
1. Artist Name
2. Title of Work
5. Indicate if artwork is for sale. If so, please include a contact email address or phone number. Viewers will be asked to contact you directly for details.
6. Optional: a short artwork description (less than 140 characters).
7. Optional: Your social media handles (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook).
• At least one work per artist will be accepted.
• All winning artworks will be on display at BACCA’s Art Center.
• All accepted submissions will be on display in the virtual show.
• Artist agrees - no entries will be removed until Sunday Oct. 24th, 2021, when all entries MUST be picked up at the BACCA Art Center on Oct. 24th, 2021 from 10am-6:00pm. Entries left after Oct. 24th will be charged a late fee of $15.
• All entries will be handled with care, but neither BACCA nor the Town of Babylon will be held responsible for any loss, theft or damage incurred. Entry in the art show constitutes agreement to all conditions.
• If you require any assistance preparing or photographing your work for entry, please contact us at email@example.com
Best in Show: $75.00 & Ribbon
Supervisor’s Award: $50.00 & Ribbon & Name added to the BACCA Art Show Plaque
Viewer’s Choice Award: $25.00 & Ribbon
1st Place: $75.00 & Ribbon
2nd Place: $50.00 & Ribbon
3rd Place: $25.00 & Ribbon
Honorable Mention: Ribbon
*Prizes are awarded at the discretion of the Judge.
BACCA Members: $10 for (1) entry • $20 for (2) entries • $25 for (3) entries
Non-Members: $25 per entry
Not a BACCA Member? follow this link to find out more: BACCA Membership
Student Catagories: FREE
If you prefer to pay by check, please download and complete the Entry Form, and follow the payment and mailing information
MEET OUR ART SHOW JUDGE, KASMIRA MOHANTY
Kasmira Mohanty has earned her place amongst the top-ranking mixed media digital artists of Long Island. She has been putting her experience and love for the medium on display for over 30 years, through exhibitions, commercial projects, and installations. Her artistic exploits also include working with watercolor, ink, acrylic, printmaking, photography, embroidery, and spray paint. Ms. Mohanty's work has been celebrated in places as far away as Los Angeles and Croatia to venues closer home, such as the Provincetown Art Museum, Southampton Arts Center, and the Heckscher Museum of Art. She is also a widely respected and honored twenty-year digital arts educator. Her expertise in mixed media digital arts is shared on a national level as a contributing editor and writer for SchoolArts Magazine. Ms. Mohanty also resides as an executive board member for SCALA and the Huntington Arts Council.
To find out more you can visit kasmiramohanty.com